We feel that due to several comments from spectators as well as some participants that we need to address certain issues. While most military re-enactment units conduct themselves correctly, there are some who occasionally forget they are in uniform. Be proud of the soldier you portray and the uniform you wear.
- All military units will march as such, ie: squad, platoon, company, regiment, etc. and keep in step
- No wandering out of formation to visit spectators, please!
- The crowd would like to see more show of the manual of arms.
- All musket firing will be done at safe elevation, 45 degrees, no wadding. 60 - 70 grains maximum load.
- All re-loading and firing should be done on command of the OIC, in unison (no random firing.)
- The first unit following the color guard will stay 10 paces to the rear of the guard.
The Blue/Grey Army and the citizens of Lake City wishes everyone a great event. Be careful, and lets make this the best Olustee Festival ever.
Military Liaison Officer